Painting your home is the best way to transform the look of your property and give an aesthetic appearance. However, for a flawless finish and unique transformation, you need to adopt proper planning and technique. Before you start house painting, you should be aware of a few facts and figures.
Types of Painting for Your Home
Broadly, there are two types of paints used to colour your home:
· Water-based: As the name suggests, the base of the paint is water. It releases fewer VOCs into the climate and, it is recommended as the best type of paint for house painting. Moreover, it is compatible with all types of surfaces and doesn’t get faded in sunlight and UV rays. However, it doesn’t offer the rich look and you can find such colors in limited textures and shades.
· Oil-based: If you want a long-lasting colour with a shining texture, it is better to go for an oil-based painting. Because of the silky smooth texture and glossiness, dirt and pollutants don’t get deposited easily. It is a great alternative for exterior paint and works very well in high moisture walls. You can easily clean your walls painted with oil-based colours and you can save your maintenance cost.
How would you choose the best painting solution for your home?
Shine of Painting
Just like the base of paint, shine also dramatically transforms the entire look of the house. Before choosing the house painting, you should also get yourself introduced to the different shine of the paintings.
· Flat or Matte: Flat painting is the least shiny and offers a simple look. On the other hand, the matte finish is comparatively better in terms of look and finish.
· Satin: The satin finish of the painting offers a reflective shine with a natural gleam. Its lustrous characteristics make it a perfect choice for interior painting.
· Eggshell: It offers a bit of a reflective tone and subtle finish. For the semi-gloss finish, it becomes easier to remove dirt and pollutants from the wall.
· Gloss: This finish is completely shining and has a vibrant tone. You can apply it to a single wall and get an enhancing look for the entire room.
Types of Wall Texture
Gone are the days of boring flat walls. Now it’s the era of textured painting. If you want to create a unique look, you can opt for any one texture from the following lists:
· Mosaic texture: For house painting, the mosaic texture is an excellent choice. The tile-like experience brings an added layer and offers a dynamic transformation to your rooms. You can use this paint in your bathroom.
· Brick texture: This is something out-of-box idea for a fantastic living room. This wall décor adds a rustic look to your home. Moreover, it enhances the entire outlook of the house if you use it on the exterior.
· Rustic texture: There can be different variations for rustic texture available in the market. From the raindrop effect to faux touches, you can choose one to hide the imperfections of your wall and convert it into perfect space.
· Marble texture: For a classic and stylish look, the marble texture is ideally great. With marble texture, you can transform the glamour and vibe of the room by setting up a Victorian look.
Best Paint Color for Room
For house painting, owners can go by their choices. However, ideas can be marginalized when you are concerned about the aesthetic and want to maintain a particular theme.
For example, you can stick to smooth or contrasting hues for the living room, like aqua mint with vanilla or white with emerald green, etc. On the other hand, for dining space, using warmer tones like red or yellow with a cozy effect can enhance the area.
Article submitted by: