As the REALTOR® representing a home, an agent recently put a listing on the market and together with and the seller awaited offers to come in. Yet while previous open houses had resulted in relatively good attendance, and ads rendered pretty good response, no offers had come in after a month on the market. The property was priced right. There should be no reason buyers aren’t taking notice.
During a recent open house, the fourth in a month, the agent decided to ask ever visitor to fill out an exit interview. The survey included questions about the price, location, features, and finally whether the buyer would consider buying the home; why if they did and why not if they didn’t.
The responses give a good indication of what needed to be done. Many visiting the home commented on the clutter they had see while visiting while others were distracted by many unique statues adorning virtually every room. Just about everyone responded that they simply couldn’t see themselves living in the home.
Following the open house, the agent knew what needed to be done. He needed the assistance of an Accredited Staging Professional®, ASP®, to assist them.
The goal of Home Staging is to
- Make the first impression of the home positive and inviting
- Enable buyers to envision themselves living in the home
- Show the full potential of the home
- Make the home visually appealing for online listings
The right person for the job of accomplishing that for you is an Accredited Staging®
. Here is why you should consider the following as your guide as you choose the right Home Stager.
- Accredited Staging Professionals® are dedicated professionals who have studied and learned the proven and powerful techniques of Staging® homes with two primary goals: sell faster and for a higher price.
- Accredited Staging Professionals® have successfully attended and graduated from the ASP® course and have passed a required thorough examination on preparing homes for sale to earn the Accredited Home Staging Professional® Designation.
- Accredited Staging Professionals® are committed to the principles and practices of marketing properties as Staged Homes
- By their membership and participation in the International Home Staging Association, IAHSP®, ASPs® are held to professional ethical standards as they follow the IAHSP® Home Staging Code of Ethics.
ASPs® are taught to follow the below in the ASP® Course as they earn their ASP® Designation:
- Renew yearly their detailed ASP® License agreement of membership with Stagedhomes.com, the World’s Leader in Home Staging Education
- Agree to and uphold the ASP® Code of Ethics
- Agree to and Uphold the ASP® Consumer Foundation of Service Creed
- A Business license for their ASP® Staging Business as an ASP® Stager.
- A Real Estate License if they are an ASP® Real Estate Agent.
- Staging Insurance as an ASP® Stager
- Error and Omissions insurance as an ASP® Real Estate Agent.
- A Sales Tax ID number in the state where they work as an ASP® Stager
- A commercial Checking account for their Business
- To continue their education by returning to additional ASP® Courses to stay up to date in the Home Staging Industry and their ASP® Designation.
For more information about Home Staging, the Accredited Staging®
, and Master®
, Training Courses, please visit Stagedhomes.com
Always working for you,
Barb Schwarz, ASP®, ASPM®, AB, IAHSP®
The Creator of Home Staging®
President & Founder, StagedHomes.com
Founder and Chairwoman, IAHSP®